The Netherlands, the country of tulips, windmills, and canals is a popular destination among international students over the years.
Why study in the Netherlands?
1) Home of World-Renowned Universities- According to Times Higher Education 2017 ranking, the 13 Universities in the Netherlands are ranked among the top 200 world’s best Universities. Which includes the Delft University of Technology, University of Amsterdam, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Leiden University, etc.
2) Availability of International Scholarships- Dutch Universities, as well as Government, offers scholarships to attract international talent around the globe. Some of these are Netherlands Fellowship Program (NFP), The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, etc. For upcoming Dutch University scholarships please check our news section.
3) Affordable Study and Living Expenses- Compare to another English speaking country like the USA or UK, tuition fees and living expenses are really low in the Netherlands. Students will get an Internationally recognized degree with a high standard of living in less cost.
4) Healthiest Country in the World for Diet- According to Oxfam, Netherlands ranked first in the world for having the most healthy, nutritious food.
5) Highest English Proficiency in the World- According to the English Proficiency Index, Netherlands is the highest English Proficiency in the world, which will be really beneficial for International students to spend daily lives.
6) Multicultural Environment- According to some studies, more than 20% of the Dutch population are from a foreign country, which creates a multicultural environment and easily adaptable by International students.
7) Gateway to Europe- Due to its Geographical Location, Netherlands is often described as the gateway of Europe. It takes only half an hour to go to other places like Paris, London, Berlin.