New Zealand, the country of “Kiwis” is becoming a popular destination for higher studies among International Students around the world. Although it is a small country, it is categorized as a developed country with a high standard of education, health, economic freedom and quality of life. The major reasons to choose New Zealand as a study abroad destination are described below.
Why study in New Zealand?
1) Home of Top Ranking Universities- New Zealand is a land of world-renowned Universities like the University of Auckland, University of Otago, University of Canterbury, Victoria University of Wellington, University of Waikato.
2) High standard of Higher Education System- According to The Ministry of Education, New Zealand, the country has 3 levels of education systems, i.e. early childhood, primary and secondary schools, higher and vocational education. It has eight state-funded universities, along with 18 technology institutions, and over 600 training schools that provide wide ranges of courses and are well recognized internationally. They work with several overseas Universities on research and development.
3) Value for Money- The degrees are well recognized in the world but the tuition fees are some of the lowest in the world. You will get British based education for a percentage of the cost.
4) Scholarship Opportunities- There are several scholarships are offered by the New Zealand Government like New Zealand Pacific Scholarship, New Zealand Development Scholarship, ASEAN Scholar Award, Commonwealth Scholarship, etc. For upcoming scholarships in New Zealand please visit our news section
5) Chance of Permanent Residency- After completing your degree you will get a chance to work for 1 year in this country under special “work permit” and can apply for the permanent residency which you will get most likely within 6 months.
6) Recreational Opportunities- New Zealand offers exciting recreational opportunities with golden beaches, rugged mountains, and picturesque landscapes. The weather in this country is very soothing.